Did you know that half of all Americans will eventually be diagnosed with cancer at some point in their lives? HALF.
That means, it's a flip of the coin whether or not you'll be one of them. That is, if you're not one of the Americans who first goes down with a heart attack - which happens around twice every minute of every day.
Too many of us are complacent about those odds, believing not much can be done to change what we collectively believe is an inevitable fact of American life. Cancer, we're told, is random, it's genetic, and sooner or later, it's going to get us.
But the truth is, a cancer diagnosis doesn't have to be a 50/50 proposition. In fact, what if you could up the odds to nearly 100% - a 100% chance you WON'T end up with cancer?
Modern medicine has been claiming for years that a cure is around the corner. But the best cure I’ve found is prevention. And prevention requires looking at the toxins in our environment, and mitigating their effects.
Instead of embracing pink ribbons and joining the 'race for the cure', perhaps we'd all be better served by a race to stop cancer in its tracks before it has a chance to grab hold of us.
Certainly, much of the cancer we see is due to environmental toxins and hazards that are difficult to combat, depending on where we've lived and worked. But the majority of cancers we see developing are heavily influenced by lifestyle choices, such as smoking and, yes, especially diet.
It might seem at first glance that it's not possible. But consider the standard American diet: lots of meat, dairy and animal products, high in starches and oils and sugar, massive amounts of processed foods and artificial ingredients, and very few fresh vegetables, fruits, and legumes. With a diet like this, it's very hard for the body to get the optimal nutrition it needs to stay well. Of course, this includes making conditions ripe for cancer to develop.
Preventing cancer requires increasing the beneficial antioxidants and phytochemicals and cutting down or completely eliminating the toxins. To really protect yourself, the steps below are simple and easy.
- Drink lots of clean, pure water to flush toxins from the body.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, especially raw and organic berries(to ensure they've not been treated with pesticides and chemicals)
- Eat cruciferous veggies, cabbage, kale, garlic, onions, and mushrooms- evidence is growing to suggest that these vegetables have powerful anti-cancer properties. Eat green veggies 3 times a day!
- Incorporate into your busy schedule a good nights sleep, to assist the body in releasing toxins.
- Drastically cut down your consumption of rBGH meats and dairy, and refined flours and sugar. Completely eliminate processed meats, fast foods, gluten products, and all other foods void of nutrition.
- Avoid toxic cleaning chemicals, dryer sheets, detergents, soaps, candles, floor cleaners, air fresheners, toxic candles and more in your home.
- Avoid all Hand Sanitizers!
So, sure... we can race for the cure all we want. But if we put more effort into a push for prevention, there wouldn't be so much of a need for a cure.
Some of the most serious health problems of our time, are endocrine and metabolic related. As a Certified Holistic Health Coach, I specialize in toxins that can disrupt our metabolic and endocrine health.
Besides advocating health, Health Coaches support their clients in learning those necessary “bite size pieces” for growth & change. If I were to teach one thing about food -I would choose “food is a masterpiece full of necessary information for our cells. “ It’s Art-because it unites all cells to work together on one canvas. You! It’s time to add color to your plate while adding prevention to your vocabulary. www.Bitesizepieces.net
Connie Rogers is an Expert in toxins that can disrupt our skin, metabolic and endocrine health. Lifestyle Educator, Reiki Master, 37 years Certified Cosmetologist/Esthetician, Certified Integrated Holistic Health Coach, Accredited through American Association of Drugless Practitioners, Published Author, Wellness Writer, Owner Reverseage Wellness Essential Oils
Connect Linkedin: Connie Rogers