Weight loss can be as simple as “Exercise more and eat less”! That can work but short term only. The weight that is lost in this way will almost always come back because we have not gone to the root of the problem. We have not figured out what is weighing us down.
Many of us are carrying emotional baggage from past hurt, from abusive/unhappy relationships, not being able to pursue our passion, lack of love, being lonely, past guilt or shame (which is a big one). When we have not healed these emotional issues it becomes hard to “move”.
What can we do to help heal ourselves and in turn be able to get up and “move”?
1. Forgive others and forgive yourself
2. Keep communication open in our relationships and pay attention to what is not working
3. Always spend some time in doing what makes us happy i.e pursuing a hobby, a sport, spending time with friends
4. Seek professional help i.e coaching/ counseling if it seems like it will help
5. Taking lots of deep breaths, laughing out loud and loving ourselves and our loved ones more!!!
Kalpana is a certified Life Coach (ICF) and a certified Eating Psychology Coach from The Institute For The Psychology Of Eating. Her main goal in her coaching practice is to help people to love themselves "now" as opposed to waiting to do that only when they "get there." She has a true passion for helping people cultivate unconditional love for themselves, and helping people to form healthy relationships with food.